Employee Planner Client/Server Edition
1. Installation & Upgrade Questions
Employee Planner Client/Server Edition Server:
Pentium 800 or above, 256 MB memory or above, 25 MB free space. Windows NT 4.0/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008
Employee Planner Client/Server Edition Client:
Pentium 800 or above, 256 MB memory or above, 15 MB free space. Windows 98 SE/Windows ME/Windows NT 4.0/Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008
1. First download Employee Planner C/S Edition from http://www.employeeplanner.com/download/epcs.zip.
Then open the zip file you downloaded using WinZip or Winrar (If you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista, Windows Explorer will open the zip file automatically). You will find two exe files in it; one is server.exe, the other is client.exe.
2. Double click server.exe to install the Employee Planner Server on the computer to act as a server (The server can have any of the following system: Windows 2000/Windows NT/Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista). No dedicated server machine is required. The server program can coexist with the client program on the same computer.
3. Double click client.exe to install the Employee Planner Client on any computer you want to act as a client (Windows 98 SE/Windows ME/Windows 2000/Windows NT/Windows XP/Windows 2003/Windows Vista). After installation, click "Start"->"Programs"->"Employee Planner CS->"Employee Planner Client Database Connection tools". Then input the server's computer name or server's IP address. After that, click "Test Connection" button to connect. After you can see the connection is successful, click the Exit button to close it. When it asks if you want to save current settings, choose "Yes".
If you cannot connect to server, check the following list:
a.) Is the computer name/IP address for server correctly input?
b.) Is the server computer using Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista? If yes, you need to add Employee Planner Server (epserver.exe in Employee Planner Server installation folder\Server) and Employee Planner Application Server 3.0 (epcsappserver.exe in Employee Planner Server installation folder\Server) to your firewall's exception list.
c.) Is the server computer accessible on the network?
d.) Is the server computer connected by the client via Internet? When server computer has a static IP address on Internet, and if there is a router between the server and the Internet connection, you need to open ports 15008, 15009 and 15010 of the router and forward all traffics on those ports to the Employee Planner server computer.
4. Click "Start"->"Programs"->"Employee Planner CS"->"Employee Planner CS Client" on the client side computer. The Employee Planner C/S Client will start up and connect to the remote Employee Planner Server. The default username and password is as following:
5. Repeat step 3 and step 4 on all computers which you want to access Employee Planner's data.
6. If you want to set up different login accounts, you can go to "Start"->"Programs"->" Employee Planner CS"->"User Management Tool" at the client side computer to set up all accounts. The default login account for User Management Tools is as following:
Yes, you will get free version upgrades until next major version released, i.e., if you purchase Version 1.0.0, you will get free version upgrades until 1.9.9 reached. What's more, if a major version released within one year after your purchase, you can also get this version free of charge.
2. Purchase Question
2.1: Can I pay by PayPal?
Yes. On the secure order page, you will find "PayPal" as an option of payment.
If you order Employee Planner Standalone Edition, the license key will be sent to you immediately after your order is processed; if you order Employee Planner Client/Server Edition, the license key will be sent to you within 24 hours after your order is processed.
No. Once your purchase it, you will get a set of license key. What you do is input the user/key to unlock the free trial version. Your existing data will be untouched.
Yes. Your existing data will be untouched.
3. How to Use Question
Yes. In the report preview window, there is a "Save" button on the toolbar. Click it and choose the saved file type as "pdf". Then you will be able to save the current report as a pdf document and later publish it on your website.
Yes. In the report preview window, there is a "Save" button on the toolbar. Click it and choose the saved file type as "pdf". Then you will be able to save the current report as a pdf document and send it to others by email.
3.3: Why I drag and drop one of my plans to a blank area but Employee Planner keeps warning that "This time slot has been occupied by another plan"?
If this happens, it shows that you have filtered some plans to let them invisible. And Employee Planner calculates that there is some plan in the file has occupied the target time slot, so it will not let you schedule another plan at that time. You can click the "Cancel Filter" button on the toolbar to display all plans and click "Refresh" button to get all latest data from the server side then you should be able to find the plan which has occupied this time slot.
Please go to File -> Preferences, and then go to the "Staff" tab. After that, you will see three buttons (Add, Edit, and Delete). Now you can add/edit/delete any department. Click the "OK" button to save your settings.
Yes. First open the epf file you want to export, and click 'File'->'Export' item in the Employee Planner. A window with the caption of 'Employee Planner Export Setting' will pop up. Here you can set up the file format, data origin, text settings, date formats, columns, header and footer, layout, file name. Employee Planner supports to export the plans to Text file (*.txt), SQL script file (*.sql), HTML file (*.php), XML file (*.xml), Excel spreadsheet (*.xls), MS Windows clipboard, Excel file (*.xls), Rich Text format (*.rtf), Word file (*.doc), Adobe Acrobat Document (*.pdf).
Yes. A task must be attached to a plan. This is by designed and can help you to filter the task's plans if you need.
We know that all plans may be planned for a certain task. For example, if John Doe went to Toronto for training, he may arrange the travel plan for this task. First the plan may be book a ticket, and then fly to Toronto. And he may also need to do some preparation before the training. We can see that the plans are all for the task of 'Training in Toronto'. This shows how the task works. Another plus, you can set up the filter to view certain task(s) related plans later using the 'Filter' function.
No, Employee Planner does not support double-booking.
Yes. Open Employee Planner and click 'View'->'Filter', a new window will filter settings will appear. You can set which task(s) and which staff(s) related plans should be displayed.
Yes. Open Employee Planner and click 'View'->'Filter', a new window will filter settings will appear. You can set which staff(s) should be displayed.